The Esquimalt Emergency Program is looking for volunteers to help with the following emergency teams:
- Emergency Social Services (Evacuee Assistance)
- Emergency Radio Communications
- Neighborhood Emergency Preparedness Programs
Opportunities at the Military Family Resource Centre (MFRC):
- Children’s Deployment Workshop Assistant – Help children 3-12 experiencing a work-related separation with crafts and activities
- Deployment Child Care Assistant – Help support military families experiencing a work-related separation at Wednesday Night Coffee Nights and other events
- Doula – Seeking a qualified Doula to join the MFRC Pregnancy and Doula Service Team
GORGE WATERWAY NATURE HOUSE- INTERPRETERS
The Gorge Waterway Nature House is located in Esquimalt-Gorge Park. We are open to the public on weekends from 10 – 4 and we are looking for dedicated volunteers to run these public hours. Interpreters will enhance the experience of visitors by providing information about our displays. The GWNH holds a touch-tank filled with local marine life, a watershed model of the Gorge Waterway, an extensive shell and bone display, and other displays related to local environmental initiatives. Training will be provided.
Township Community Arts Council (TCAC)
Seeking volunteers to share unique talents, experience and know-how to help bring the Arts in Esquimalt to a whole new level. The TCAC is currently planning 3 major events including the Memorial Park Music Fest, a six week Tuesday evening free concert series, commencing June 24th, to be held in our downtown core. If funded, this project will include a concert with our fabulous Naden Band, St. Jean-Baptiste Day celebration (in conjunction with the Francophone Society) and a red and white Canada Day event right here in the Township.
Specific areas of interest include dance, literature, music, theatre, visual/media arts and a variety of cultural events that will assist in transforming the historical negative perceptions of our community.
For further information contact: email@example.com